torsdag 1 november 2012

Making someone happy!

I'm writing this late at night, so excuse me if I suck.

So, a little while ago Nostalgia Chick made a video about the movie Matilda, and in it you could find her and Mara Wilson talking about the movie. I thought that it was interesting; they had some interesting thoughts about the movie, and Mara Wilson really impressed me; she has a nice voice; she has a nice delivery, and it was like she was an ordinary reviewer. However, this is not about her (well, kind of), this about something she said: in the video she mentioned Matilda/Miss Honey femslash. For some reason, maybe because I'm subconsciously a pervert or something, I googled after fan stories about Matilda, and soon I found This, a fanfic about a 15 year old Matilda and her lust for Miss Honey, and I loved it.

The story is really great; yeah, it wont win any awards, but to me it's one of the best stories I've ever read experienced; It's basically about how Matilda wants to get inside Miss Honeys pants loved by Miss Honey, and about Miss Honeys feelings towards Matilda. The sexual tension between the characters is so incredible; I could really get inside their heads and feel what they feel, and I really felt that love/hate-emotion for Miss Honey's fears about confessing her love (DAMN YOU MISS HONEY!!! YOU LOVE EACH OTHER!!! WHO CARES ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK!?!?!?) to Matilda. So wonderful. Yeah, it has flaws; a certain side character, and her relation with Matilda, kind of jumps out of the story a little bit too abruptly, but it doesn't bother me very much. Anyway, the point of this post is that the fanfic-writer, Dartxni, hadn't finished the story! It was incomplete, and he hadn't been working on it for years. I decided to write him an E-mail about how I felt about his novel, and I wrote a review of the story. I'll post some excerpts here;

"I just felt that I had to write something to not only find out if there is a continuation to the Matilda-story, but also to express my admiration for what you've written (I also had a whiskey before starting to write, but that's just a coincidence=) ); The Matilda fanfiction is really one of the best stories I've ever experienced; It makes me wonder what will happen next; It makes me really care about the characters; The sexual tension is so strong; It's just wonderful!

I bet you get a ton of mails like this, and that you might not feel like writing to some stranger in northern Europe, but I hope that you'll read this, and remember that your story means alot to some people. I also hope you find the time and energy to finish the great story that you've started. "

"This is not a review for just this chapter; it's a review of the whole story so far: I love this! This is probably the best thing I've ever read! I love their love for each other  the passion, but also the tragedy! It's so beautiful! I'm not kidding when I say that this is among the best things I've ever experienced, and I beg of you Dartxni: Please finish this! Please! I realize that you probably have alot of things to do in your everyday life, and that you might even (God forbid) have gotten tired of writing, but if you could summon that creative passion, and if you could find some spare time: Please finish this! Seriously; it's that good! I hope your e-mail updates whenever you get a comment, and that you'll read this! 

I can't demand that you live your life for others, but I can hope your love for the story is as strong as mine, and that you'll finish the beauty that you have started!"
I hoped that he would reply, but I didn't dare to hope for a positive response, so imagine my reaction when I found out that my mail had moved him so much he had decided to continue the story! I felt so happy knowing I had made him happy, I felt some form of peace inside me.

I even sent a thank-you-tweet to Mara Wilson, but because I didn't want her to believe I'm a freak who reads fanfic derived from a movie she starred in before she was a teen, I didn't tell her what I was thankful for. Man I'm weird.

Anyway, all I want to say is that making people happy is wonderful, because it feels so good inside of you. Don't waste your life being miserable!

Boy, this didn't end up as well written as I had hopped, but it's so late, and I'm not used to express myself in English.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar